In this adventure, Tigers will learn that there are many types of living things that share the place where we live. All animals, plants, and insects have a purpose in our environment. It is everyone’s duty to be mindful of other creatures’ habitats. Regardless of their age, Tigers can make a difference.
Complete Requirement 1 plus at least two others:
- With your parent/guardian or other caring adult (referred to in the handbook as “your adult partner”), go for a walk outside, and pick out two or more sights or sounds of “nature” around you. Discuss with your partner or den.
- Take a 1-foot hike. Make a list of the living things you find on your 1-foot hike. Discuss these plants or animals with your parent/guardian, other caring adult, or your den.
- Point out two different kinds of birds that live in your area. With your parent/guardian, other caring adult, or den, find out more about one of these birds.
- Be helpful to nature by planting a plant, shrub, or tree. Learn more about the needs and growth of the item you’ve planted.
- Build and hang a birdhouse.