This adventure prepares Webelos Scouts for an outdoor experience and hiking activity.
Complete Requirements 1-4 and at least one other.
- Plan a hike or outdoor activity.
- Assemble a first aid kit suitable for your hike or activity.
- Recite the Outdoor Code and the Leave No Trace Principles for Kids from memory. Talk about how you can demonstrate them on your Webelos adventures.
- With your Webelos den or with a family member, hike 3 miles. Before your hike, plan and prepare a nutritious lunch or snack. Enjoy it on your hike, and clean up afterward.
- Describe and identify from photos any poisonous plants and dangerous animals and insects you might encounter on your hike or activity.
- Perform one of the following leadership roles during your hike: trail leader, first aid leader, or lunch or snack leader.