The wide range of activities in this adventure will help Webelos Scouts become strong, participating citizens in their communities, their nation, and the world at large.
Complete Requirements 1-6:
- Explain the history of the United States flag. Show how to properly display the flag in public, and help lead a flag ceremony.
- Learn about and describe your rights and duties as a citizen, and explain what it means to be loyal to your country.
- Discuss in your Webelos den the term “rule of law,” and talk about how it applies to you in your everyday life.
- Meet with a government or community leader, and learn about his or her role in your community. Discuss with the leader an important issue facing your community.
- Show that you are an active leader by planning an activity for your den without your den leader’s help. Ask your den leader for approval first.
- Do at least one of these:
- a. Learn about Scouting in another part of the world. With the help of your parent, guardian, or den leader, pick one country where Scouting exists, and research its Scouting program.
- b. Set up an exhibit at a pack meeting to share information about the World Friendship Fund.
- c. Under the supervision of your parent, guardian, or den leader, connect with a Scout in another country during an event such as Jamboree on the Air or Jamboree on the Internet or by other means
- c. Learn about energy use in your community and in other parts of the world.
- d. Identify one energy problem in your community, and find out what has caused it.