New Information: DEADLINE TO SIGN UP IS SUNDAY MAY 30TH
Training for adult volunteers (via Zoom, link to come). Wednesday, June 9 at 7:30PM AND/OR Saturday, June 12 at 9:30AM.
Sneak-a-Peek Schedule, Sunday, June 27:
- 1:30PM – Youth Volunteers arrive to learn their positions, set up camp & training – Kennesaw UMC, 1801 Ben King Rd, Kennesaw, GA 30144
- 3:00-4:00PM – Parents drive through Sneak-a- Peek. Mandatory to attend to pick up camp shirts, carpool numbers, COVID-19 symptom sheet. There will be multiple lines per last name to distribute materials.
- 7:00PM – Pick up your Den Chief. They will be fed dinner.
Cubs will attend a ONE DAY camp per rank. Adult volunteers are needed on the day you have a cub at camp.
Monday June 28 – Tigers (with adult chaperone/partner) & Wolves
Tuesday June 29 – Bears
Wednesday June 30 – Webelos
Thursday July 1 – Arrow of Light
Kennesaw United Methodist Church
Sneak-a-peek Drive Through – June 27 (details to come)
Adult volunteers are needed on days you have a Cub at camp
Youth volunteers are needed Sunday-Thursday as station leaders & Den Chiefs
COST: $45 per scout. Volunteers are free.
1. To register click HERE.
2. Click on Silver Comet Day Camp
3. Clic on “Register Today!”
4. Follow the website prompts to register.
AOLs from 2019 will have the opportunity to purchase the chair legacy project for $10 to make at home during the registration process. We will supply the materials and instructions so that you have the table and chair set.
Space is limited so register NOW!!!!
Cub ranks will attend camp for 1 full day
8:45-9:00AM Drop Off
9:00AM Camp Begins
3:30AM Dismissal Carpool.
Monday, June 28 – Tigers (adult must attend) & Wolves (rising 1st & 2nd graders for 2021-2022 school year)
Tuesday, June 29 – Bears (rising 3rd graders for 2021-2022 school year)
Wednesday, June 30 – Webelos (rising 4th graders for 2021-2022 school year)
Thursday, July 1 – Arrow of Light (rising 5th graders for 2021-2022 school year)
All activities will be outside, Masks will be mandated.
Dens will be limited to 6-7 cubs, 1 youth volunteer & 1-2 adult volunteers (Youth Protection Training needed for adults).
Health Forms for everyone on campus.
Anyone leaving campus early will be required to send in a note with time of pickup so that Cub will be at entrance safety station for checkout to limit additional people on campus.
If you have any safety questions or concerns, email camp directors HERE.
Atlanta Area Council Mask Requirement Update
Based on updated guidance from the CDC, Day Camp will allow participants who are fully vaccinated to enter all facilities and participate in all programs without a face mask or face shield. For individuals who are not fully vaccinated, we request that they wear a face mask when indoors or whenever they are unable to socially distance. A Scout is Trustworthy: we will not require proof of vaccination.
Face masks may still be required for all individuals (regardless of vaccination status) in some close contact situations. As such, we request all participants bring and carry a mask at camp.
- Yes everyone needs to bring a mask every day to camp. Put your name on it.
- ALL of our activities are outside in small dens. They can easily social distance and not have on a mask during station activities. Nature & STEM stations may still require a mask as the children gather closely to look at specimens on their nature walk and experiments.
- EVERYONE: when to wear a mask at our camp (unable to social distance inside, no matter vaccination status): clinic visits, office visits, inclement weather situations where we need to gather inside, bathroom visits
Please talk about these rules with your Cub before camp to help them understand the mask rules that are still in place.
** All details are subject to change due to updated guidelines as time moves forward**
Cubs will attend stations on their designated rank day.
- Everyone – 1 camp shirt
- Everyone – packet of take home activities with instructions, that you can present to your den leader for completion in your Cub Book.
- Everyone – 3 range stations (slingshot, archery, & precision BB shooting). Make sure that your health form indicates that your Cub CAN participate in these activities.
- Everyone – Nature
- Everyone – Wood Working
- AOL, Web, Wolves & Tigers – STEM
- Bears – Knives
- Tigers & Wolves – organized sport