If your scout wants to have an adventure this summer, be sure to mark your calendar and sign up to attend Silver Comet Cub Day Camp June 3-7, 2019. The health forms, Youth Protection Training, and Hazard Weather certificates will need to be filled out and returned to the pack no later than March 25th so we can get them turned in.
LOcation and Theme
- Underwater Adventures
- June 3-9, 2019 9am-3:30pm
- Arrivals daily: 8:45-9AM. Dismissal: 3:30PM. Do not arrive before 3:20PM as traffic flow is a hazard to campers.
- Kennesaw United Methodist Church, 1801 Ben King Road, Kennesaw GA.
- Cruise Ticket to camp Sneak-a-Peek will be Sunday, June 2, from 4:00-5:00PM. Parents and scouts are invited to meet the Den leaders, participate in a den activity as well as pick up your t- shirts and carpool tag. No scout will be put in a car at dismissal without a car tag.
- Adult volunteers, Den Chiefs, & Teen Apprentices In person mandatory training Saturday, May 11, 9:00AM-11:00AM. at KUMC.
- Please join our new Facebook page to keep up to date on breaking information. https://www.facebook.com/groups/2019CubDayCampKennesaw
What to Bring
- Lunch: Every person attending camp needs to bring a lunch packed in a ziplock bag and labeled with their name each day. Avoid menu items that spoil rapidly. NO sodas, consider a healthy alternative – hydration is imperative. A cooler will be available.
- 2 Day Camp t-shirts will be provided to each scout as part of the camp fee. This shirt, along with weather appropriate clothing, will be the official Day Camp uniform and must be worn to camp each day, dirty or clean.
- Scouts need closed-toed shoes, hats, water bottle, and sunscreen. Label all items with the scout’s name.
- A small daypack/backpack is optional, yet helpful for water, sunscreen, and take-home items each day.
- Sunscreen and bug repellant must be applied at home before coming to camp each day.
- Items NOT allowed at camp (NO EXCEPTIONS) are water guns, knives of any kind, electronic devices, sandals, Heely’s or Croc-type shoes.
More forms are here, such a medical releases, registration forms, etc. The due date for completing registration and collecting health forms will be March 25th. BEFORE you start registration, ask your den leader what rank your cub will be next school year, 2019-2020. This is the rank you will choose when registering, NOT what rank your cub currently is. All the registration will be handled online by each individual family.
- Cub Summer Camp 2019 Information Flyer
- Health Forms for anyone attending or volunteering at camp with a copy of their insurance card. Click HERE for a health form.
- If you are registering as an all week volunteer WITH a cub scout (for the discount) or a partial week, please see the VOLUNTEER section below.
- If you are only registering a Cub (2019-2020 rank Wolf-Arrow of Light; Rising 2nd-5th graders) click HERE.
- If you are registering a rising Tiger and/or Pixie AND an adult (A legal guardian must volunteer each day a Tiger or Pixie attends) click HERE.
- If you are registering a Den Chief to volunteer for the week register HERE.
- If you are registering a Teen Apprentice to volunteer for the week register HERE.
Day Camp Volunteers
PLEASE, PLEASE consider volunteering at Camp. The only way the Pack can send our scouts is to have a 3:1 ratio of adult volunteers to scouts. If 9 scouts want to attend, we are required to send three adults for the entire week. Parents can split up the week (one covering M, W, F with the other covering T, Th, etc)., or apply for a few days. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering. We will need parents for parking, den walkers (Lindsey Paris will be a walker for Rising Bears), workshops like Regatta, Scavenger Hunts, etc. and more.
Parents volunteering for the full 5 days of camp receive a $20 discount for 1 scout attending. If you are registering as an all week volunteer WITH a cub scout (for the discount) or a partial week volunteer read below.
1. All week adult volunteers. To get the $20 discount – register with your scout at the first link below and then complete the second link (tentaroo) so we have more information to help us place you at camp.
2. Partial week volunteers register HERE.
At the end of the week, they will have a drawing for 3 volunteers who complete all 5 days of volunteering to receive a refund for 1 scout registration fee. Adult volunteers, Den Chiefs, & Teen Apprentices In person mandatory training Saturday, May 11, 9:00AM-11:00AM. at KUMC. Complete Hazardous Weather Training online. Courses at: https://my.scouting.org/