EDIT: Day Camp has been Cancelled. Please stand by for the CYBER CAMP option coming soon.
If your scout wants to have an adventure this summer, be sure to mark your calendar and sign up to attend Silver Comet Cub Day Camp June 1-5, 2020. The health forms, insurance card copies and Youth Protection Training certificates will need to be filled out and returned to the pack no later than March 27th so we can get them turned in. This is going to be an epic year!
LOcation and Theme
- Camp Jurassic Adventure
- June 1-5, 2020 9am-3:30pm
- Carpool Drop Arrivals daily: 8:45-9AM. Dismissal: 3:30PM. Do not arrive before 3:20PM as traffic flow is a hazard to campers.
- Kennesaw United Methodist Church, 1801 Ben King Road, Kennesaw GA.
- Sneak-a-Peek will be Sunday, May 31, from 4:00-5:00PM. Parents and scouts are invited to meet the Den leaders, participate in a den activity as well as pick up your t- shirts and carpool tag. No scout will be put in a car at dismissal without a car tag.
- Adult volunteers, Den Chiefs, & Teen Apprentices mandatory training (see dates below)
- Please join our new Facebook page to keep up to date on breaking information. https://www.facebook.com/groups/2020CubScoutDayCampKennesawGA/
Dates At A Glance
March 27 – Health Forms, insurance card copies & Training Certificates due to Camp Coordinator Lindsey Paris: firstname.lastname@example.org
April 12 – Begin $50 late fee on registrations
May 6 – 7:00PM – Returning Adult Volunteer Training – Kennesaw UMC
May 9 – 9:00-11:00AM – New/Returning Volunteer, Den Chiefs Training – Kennesaw UMC
May 18 – ALL registrations CLOSE
May 31 – 4:00-5:00PM – Sneak-a-Peek – KUMC – drop-in style
June 1-5 – Day Camp – Kennesaw UMC
What to Bring Each Day of Camp
- Lunch: Every person attending camp needs to bring a lunch packed in a ziplock bag and labeled with their name each day. Avoid menu items that spoil rapidly. NO sodas, consider a healthy alternative – hydration is imperative. A cooler will be available.
- 2 Day Camp t-shirts will be provided to each scout as part of the camp fee. This shirt, along with weather appropriate clothing, will be the official Day Camp uniform and must be worn to camp each day, dirty or clean.
- Scouts need closed-toed shoes, hats, water bottle, and sunscreen. Label all items with the scout’s name.
- A small quiet book or game in a baggie (Pokemon and UNO are most popular) can go in their bag
- A small handtowel to sit on if ground is wet
- A small drawstring backpack is optional, yet EXTREMELY helpful for water, sunscreen, and take-home items each day.
- Sunscreen and bug repellant must be applied at home before coming to camp each day.
- Items NOT allowed at camp (NO EXCEPTIONS) are water guns, knives of any kind, electronic devices, sandals, Heely’s or Croc-type shoes.
Day Camp Volunteers
PLEASE, PLEASE consider volunteering at Camp. The only way the Pack can send our scouts is to have a 3:1 ratio of adult volunteers to scouts. If 9 scouts want to attend, we are required to send three adults for the entire week. Parents can split up the week (one covering M, W, F with the other covering T, Th, etc)., or apply for a few days. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering. We will need parents for parking, den walkers (Lindsey Paris will be a walker for Rising Bears), workshops like Regatta, Scavenger Hunts, etc. and more. No professional scouting knowledge is required. Parents volunteering for the full 5 days of camp receive a $20 discount for 1 scout attending.
CAMP FORMS & Registration
Camp directors are very excited to have online registration at 1 link this year. Take your time, read the below directions and contact us or your pack coordinators with any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org The due date for completing the registration and collecting health forms will be March 27th. BEFORE you start registration, ask your den leader what rank your cub will be next school year, 2019-2020. This is the rank you will choose when registering, NOT what rank your cub currently is. All the registration will be handled online by each individual family.
- Registration Link: You will log into Tentaroo (or create an account) and add camp registrations to your “cart.” This will include volunteers, pixies, etc. If you need instructions, view a helpful document here before you click the link. Remember to add their grade level completed as of 6/1 AND THE RISING RANK in the dropdowns. Example: Current Bears will register for Day camp as Webelos. https://www.atlantabsa.org/admin2/events/3659/16766/Silver-Comet—Kennesaw-Day-Camp-2020
- Health Forms for anyone (adult or scout)attending or volunteering at camp with a copy of their insurance card. Click HERE for a health form. Turn this in to Lindsey Paris, Bear Leader: email@example.com
- Copy of your Health Insurance Card!! (Give to Lindsey Paris with your Health Form)
- Camp still needs a 3:1 ratio (cub: to full week adult) to conduct camp. All adult volunteers need to complete Youth Protection training online, found HERE. Registration now asks for the date you completed Youth Protection.