We’ve got TWO fun dates planned for July, 2020! Read below for more information.
Sunday July 12th, 3pm- Secret Codes
Tune in to our first July Pack Meeting this Sunday, July 12th, 2020 at 3 pm. We’ll be discussing Secret Codes and Invisible Ink! Can you decode our secret messages? ZOOM LINK: https://huber.zoom.us/j/94261029328?pwd=SGFTR2FwWTR1aVJVR25jRW1jS3BIUT09
Download your Secret Decoder Wheel and instructions here. You’ll need a printer, paper, pen/pencil, and a brad or paperclip to insert into the center of the wheel. When you’re ready, test out this message with your parents. Key: M21
YJIO AJMBZO OJ YMDIF TJPM JQVGODIZ
1. Cut out the circles below and stack in order from the number 1 wheel on the bottom, then number 2 wheel and finally the smallest number 3 wheel on the top.
2. Attach the discs by carefully poking a round brad or paperclip through the middle of all 3 wheels.
3. Pick a letter on the outer wheel and a number in the inner circle – this is your key (ex. M (outer wheel 1) 21 (inner wheel). Turn the inner wheel so that the number (21 in our example) lines up with the outER wheel letter (M in this example). On our wheel 21 also corresponds with R in the shaded section. Don’t move the wheels now, keep them in place!!
4. For each letter of your message, find that character on the outer wheel, and write down the letter that is exactly beneath it on the inner wheel until your message is complete.
For this project, you’ll want lemon juice (fresh squeezed or bottled), a Q-tip or thin paintbrush, paper, and a lamp that uses a lightbulb. Think of a fun secret message to “send” to a sibling or family member. Tune in for how it works!!
Saturday JULY 25th, 9am: Fishing Trip
We will meet and fish at Lost Mountain Park. There is a fishing lake by the tennis courts, please see the image, showing the way into the park, as well as the short drive up onto the dirt road leading to the lake. There is a small amount of parking here at the red arrow.
- Notice is this a Saturday morning, unlike our normal Sunday meetings. We should have more fish biting this morning!
- Please attend if you feel safe enough to do so. Much of the upcoming semester will be virtual.
- PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN BAIT, rod, chair, water, sunscreen and snacks. The Pack will not be providing anything due to social distancing requirements. There is some shade via the tree line, popup tents are ok.
- We will be requiring a mask, whether it is surgical, cloth, or gaiter style.
- Please keep at least 6′ from other parties on the lake.
- Hopefully, we will have small awards for the largest fish and the most unique item fished from the lake!