Sign-Up Closes on October 14th… The Dates May Have Changed, But That Means The Pack Family Campout Has Only Gotten Better!! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090b4aada828a6ff2-pack2
UPDATES: Remember, we are welcoming day campers for Saturday only if you don’t want to camp overnight! Bring your costume, a bag lunch, and a closed-toe pair of shoes for family fun! If the weather turns colder than 40 degrees or so, understand that REAL sleeping bags (cold-rated) will be needed for overnight campers. Otherwise, join us for the day!
BYO Frisbee, Compass, Saturday Bag Lunch, and Class A Uniform. Stay warm!
Come join us at Dallas Landing for a weekend of Scouting Fun and Halloween Tent & Treating. We will spend the weekend orienteering, slacklining, learning how to camp, cooking over a fire, fire safety, enjoying nature, earning our Messengers of Peace Award, and having fun. And as a perk, we get the entire park to ourselves! The weekend is focused on camping, but as the weather gets cooler, we understand that it is harder for our youngest Scouts to camp out.
- Weekend Camper: Grab your camping gear and enjoy an entire weekend of fun from Friday evening through Sunday Morning: Hear the Owls hoot, the wind rustling the leaves, watch the stars, and feel the sun warm your tent.
- The Morning to Morning Camper: Arrive on Saturday Morning and leave Sunday Morning.
- Day Camper: Arrive early on Saturday Morning and spend the day adventuring and leave after the Tent & Treating, the Silliest Pumpkin Contest, and the Campfire. Bring a bag lunch.
- Tent & Treater Only: Come for Tent & Treating, the Silliest Pumpkin Contest, the Campfire, and then head home.
When: October 21, 5pm – October 23, 11am
Where: Dallas Landing Park, 5120 Allatoona Dr, Acworth, GA 30101
The Gate to Dallas Landing Will Be Open During the Following Times Only
Friday: (10/21) 5pm-8PM. Late arrivals will need to coordinate with Alan Teague.
Saturday Morning: 9:30a-10:00a For Day Campers
Saturday Evening: 5:00p-5:30p For Tent & Treaters
Saturday Night: 9:00p-9:15p For End of Day for Day Campers
Sunday Morning: 10:30a-11:00a End of Campout
The Gate will remain closed at all other times.
Tent Camping, Flag Ceremonies, Campfire, Camp cooking, Slack Line, Frisbee Golf, Orienteering, Tent & Treat, Silliest Pumpkin Contest, Safe family fun, Memory Making
Tent & Treat: What You Need to Know
- No Blood or Gore is permitted in decorations or costumes. This is a family event for all family members, including the very young to…very mature. Be Kind and Considerate of our youngest members
- Bring a tent (or use the one you are camping in) to create a fun tent or treat stop for our scouts. Decorate, sing, dance, smile! Hand out a treat or teal-pumpkin item.
- There is no electricity available for lighting.
- All decorations must be safe: no fire, nothing that can be tripped over, or can possibly hurt anyone.
- Everyone is invited to wear costumes.
- Everyone who is participating is requested to bring candy or non-edible Halloween items like bat rings, etc.
- All edible treats must be individually wrapped. No home-baked items.
Silliest Pumpkin Contest
- Carve a silly pumpkin and bring it along.
- We will be displaying them and voting on the silliest pumpkins.
- No candles with live flames are permitted.
- Battery-powered candles are allowed.
Friday Dinner: Families supply their own meals (eat before you arrive or bring something)
Saturday Breakfast: Breakfast Burritos – eggs, cheese, peppers, onions, salsa, tortillas, drinks
Saturday Lunch: Families supply their own meals (bag lunches are traditional)
Saturday Dinner: Hot Dogs and Hamburgers, lettuce tomato, ketchup, mustard, chips, pirate’s booty, and drinks. S’mores!
Sunday Breakfast: Pastries and Fruit, drinks.
Health Forms A & B are required for each camper (Adults and Children) – Please be sure to turn these in to your Den Leader or Cubmaster. HEALTH FORM CLICK HERE